Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fruita Loops...

***I have to give Robin credit for this name...it took her awhile to think of this clever title***

I hope everyone enjoyed our kayaking photo shoot! One of my favorite things I've done out here!!! I definitely want a kayak for Christmas now!
After our kayaking adventure, we took a swim in the lake at our campsite (it was cold but I freaked out and had to swim because I haven't all summer!) Then we took off to see the Colorado National Monument.

Balancing rock...









This used to be connected to the other rocks...Independent rock...







The three fat guys...



After that we went to a vineyard and sampled some wine...Grand Junction/Fruita is known for their many fruit orchards and vineyards...then later that night we built a campfire (all by myself!) and had s'mores...



The next day we drove back and stopped at Glenwood Springs to take a dip in the hot springs...here is a picture of the world's largest hot springs...there was a therapy pool that was 104 degrees! (it was 94 degrees on sunday)...but the natural hot springs felt really nice to swim around in...



Overall, Robin had a wonderful first camping trip, and I am so pumped that I reached one of my goals by kayaking on the Colorado river and going to a hot springs...it was an amazing weekend!

1 comment:

MPA said...

you both are fruit loops!! it looks like you had such a great time and again, as usual, saw some great places. love, mom